Motorists need to exercise caution to avoid causing serious injuries.
Last year, the Maricopa Association of Governments released a report of the “Top 100 Intersections Ranked by Crash Risk,” an analysis of intersections in the Valley based on crash data from 2018 to 2022. The intersection of Lindsay Road and Warner Road in Gilbert came in at 27 on the list, with 102 crashes recorded during that period.
Other dangerous intersections in town that didn’t make that list include Gilbert and Guadalupe roads, Higley and Baseline roads, and Williams Field and Lindsay roads. But a crash can happen at any intersection that gets a lot of traffic. Every year, there are many car accidents at intersections in Gilbert and throughout Maricopa County.
That’s not surprising – there’s a lot of activity at intersections. A crash can happen in just seconds, leaving people with serious injuries that impact their lives for months or even years. And dealing with the aftermath of the accident can be confusing and frustrating.
What makes some intersections so dangerous?
Factors that increase the risk of an accident at an intersection include:
- Heavy traffic – Busy intersections can have thousands of vehicles traveling through in a single day. Traffic can be especially heavy at certain times, such as the morning or evening commute.
- Travel in different directions – There are multiple vehicles going through an intersection at the same time, in different directions: left, right, or straight. There may also be cars entering the road from nearby driveways or parking lots.
- Limited visibility – A driver’s view of the intersection can be obstructed by buildings, trees, parked cars, or weather conditions such as heavy rain. This can make it much more difficult to see other vehicles or pedestrians.
- Negligence – Some drivers speed up to avoid a red light, or run right through it. Others are distracted by their phones and don’t pay enough attention to the road. Some drivers ignore stop signs, fail to yield, or don’t check for oncoming traffic when making a turn.
We all know what driving through a busy intersection can be like. But if you’ve been hurt in an accident, you may not know what to do next.
It only takes one negligent driver to cause a crash.
Types of intersection accidents include:
- T-bone accidents – in these side-impact collisions, the front of one vehicle strikes the side of another, forming a "T" shape. These accidents often happen when a driver fails to yield the right-of-way, runs a red light or stop sign, or makes a left turn without checking for oncoming traffic first.
- Rear-end crashes – The front of one vehicle collides with the rear of another. These accidents often happen when the vehicle in front stops at intersection – for example, because the light has turned yellow and is about to turn red. The driver in back may not be able to prevent a collision because of distracted driving or following too closely.
- Sideswipes – In this type of accident, two vehicles traveling in the same direction, but in different lanes, crash into each other. Usually, one driver is trying to get into the other lane – such as the turning lane at an intersection. But the driver may have been distracted or failed to check blind spots first.
What all these crashes have in common is negligence. Navigating an intersection safely requires defensive, attentive driving. When motorists don’t meet this responsibility, serious injuries follow.
The stakes are high after an intersection crash
An intersection accident can leave you with serious injuries. Expenses for medical treatment can add up fast. You’re experiencing physical pain and financial stress. If a negligent driver caused the crash, you deserve financial compensation. All you want is to be treated fairly.
But it’s a complicated process. Negligent drivers deny doing anything wrong. Insurance companies will try to pay you as little as possible.
That’s why you need the Anti-Lawyer Lawyer on your side. Attorney Byron Browne of Browne Law Group knows how to build strong cases that gets results. He’ll determine the total damages you suffered and will fight for maximum compensation.
Our legal team can investigate your intersection accident to get the facts. Byron will take a tough stance with insurance companies until they agree to a settlement that works for you. You’ll get regular updates on the progress of your case. And if you ever have questions, just call. Our clients get Byron’s cell phone number.
Schedule your free consultation today
If you were hurt in an intersection, contact us to schedule a free consultation. No bull. No nonsense. Byron Browne will get straight to the point and go over all of your legal options for recovering financial compensation.