We Investigate Trucking Companies
A Gilbert truck accident attorney who gets straight to the point
Recovering financial compensation after you’ve been hurt in a truck accident can be a long and complicated process. It takes time to gather the evidence you need to build a case that proves negligence caused your accident. A lot of this evidence is controlled by trucking companies, and they are not your side.
That’s why you need an experienced Arizona truck accident lawyer. Attorney Byron Browne of Browne Law Group knows how trucking companies and their insurance carriers operate after an accident. He knows how to get the evidence needed to build a strong case for compensation. If you were hurt in an accident in Gilbert or anywhere in Arizona, he can help.
Our law firm will gather all the evidence needed for your claim
Following a truck accident, trucking companies will often send out their own investigators to the scene to look for evidence. But that’s not to help out the victims. They are protecting their own interests. Some important evidence in the crash is owned by the trucking companies. They’re not interested in sharing it.
That’s why Byron Browne takes quick action to preserve that evidence and gain access to it. Some of the information we seek includes:
- Hours of Service (HOS) logs: Regulations from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) – the federal agency that regulates the trucking industry – limit the amount of time that truckers can spend behind the wheel. Their hours spent driving are recorded by electronic logging devices (ELD).
- Electronic data: Trucks are equipped with electronic control modules (ECM) attached to sensors that monitor engine performance and other data. The ECM is sometimes referred to as the truck’s “black box.” It can contain information about the driver’s braking, speed, steering, acceleration, and other factors just before the crash.
- Maintenance records: Trucking companies are required to regularly maintain the trucks in their fleet and make any needed repairs promptly. Maintenance records can reveal whether a company was meeting this responsibility.
- Employment records: These can help determine whether a driver was qualified or had a poor safety record. There may also be evidence of any known previous accidents, moving violations, or other problems.
That’s only part of our investigation. Our legal team also carefully reviews accident reports and other documentation. We identify and interview witnesses. If needed, we consult accident reconstruction experts. All of this helps us determine whether the driver or trucking company was negligent – or both.
Recovering compensation after a truck accident can be complicated because there can be many parties involved. There is the driver and the trucking company that employed that driver. There may be a different owner for the trailer. Another party may own the cargo on the trailer, and still another may have loaded that cargo. They may be represented by different insurance companies, and each may have their own lawyer.
Truck accident attorney Byron Browne has your back
Attorney Browne knows how to handle these complex cases and will build a strong case that holds negligent parties accountable.
He will determine the total amount of damages you have suffered and demand compensation. Your damages may include:
- All current and future medical expenses related to your injury (including ambulance rides, diagnostic tests, X-rays and MRIs, surgery, hospital stays, home health equipment, home medical care, medication, physical therapy, and follow-up visits with doctors)
- Lost wages if you couldn’t work
- Lost earning capacity (if you can’t go back to work)
- Property damage
- Replacement services (such as childcare and household chores)
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional stress
Attorney Browne knows the B.S. tactics insurance companies use to try to limit compensation. He fights back against attempts to minimize your claim. He will handle all communications with the insurance company so you can focus on healing from your injuries.
Byron Browne knows that injuries can impact your life in many ways. That’s why he takes a tough stance in negotiations. Our goal is to reach a settlement that meets your needs. You’ll get regular updates on the progress of your case. You’ll also get Byron Browne’s cell phone number in case you have any questions or concerns.
If you’ve been hurt in a truck accident in Gilbert, Maricopa County, or anywhere in Arizona, it’s in your best interests to get legal advice as soon as possible. Call the Anti-Lawyer Lawyer. Learn more about how we can help. Contact us to schedule a free consultation at our Gilbert office.