Rear-End Truck Accident Lawyer in Arizona
Gilbert, AZ attorney Byron Browne is ready to fight for you
Tractor-trailers and other commercial trucks are extremely large and heavy. So when one of these vehicles crashes into the rear of your car, it can cause significant damage. Drivers and passengers can be seriously hurt in these rear-end truck accidents. Victims deserve financial compensation, but that can be complicated.
If you were injured in a rear-end truck accident, you may not know what to do next. You probably have a lot of questions. Can you file a lawsuit? Where do you start? You can start by contacting Browne Law Group. Attorney Byron Browne knows how to handle these complex cases. He takes no B.S. from insurance companies and will fight for the results you need.
How did your rear-end truck accident happen?
These types of accidents are typically caused by driver negligence. Types of negligence include:
- Following too closely – Large trucks require more stopping distance. Failure to maintain a safe following distance increases the risk of colliding with the vehicle in front.
- Distracted driving – Distractions such as texting, talking on the phone, or engaging in other activities that divert attention from the road can quickly lead to a rear-end crash.
- Fatigue – Drivers who are extremely tired are more likely to lose concentration and also have slower reaction times, increasing the likelihood of a rear-end collision.
- Speeding – Excessive speed reduces a truck driver's ability to react quickly to changes in traffic conditions. When a truck is traveling too fast, it becomes much more difficult to avoid a crash.
- Improper loading – Cargo shifts or spills can occur if cargo is not properly loaded, making it much more difficult for a driver to control the truck.
- Aggressive driving – Aggressive driving behaviors such as sudden lane changes, weaving between vehicles, and sudden acceleration or braking increase the risk of a rear-end accident.
You need a truck accident lawyer because the stakes are high
Victims can be hurt in many different ways. Common injuries include:
- Whiplash – When a truck hits the back of a car, the sudden jerking motion of the head and neck can cause whiplash. Symptoms include neck pain, stiffness, and headaches.
- Back and spinal cord injuries – Impact from a collision can damage the back and spinal cord, leading to herniated discs, fractures, or paralysis. Symptoms can range from pain and numbness to loss of mobility.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) – Impact with the steering wheel or dashboard in a rear-end collision can cause head injury, leading to a TBI. Symptoms vary from mild concussions to severe brain damage, affecting cognition, memory, and overall well-being.
- Broken bones – The force of a crash can cause fractures and broken bones in the arms, legs, or hips. Symptoms can include swelling and pain.
Victims of a rear-end truck accident may need surgery, medication, physical therapy, home care, and months of follow-up treatment. Medical expenses can add up fast. When the negligence of a truck driver caused the crash that left you hurt, you shouldn’t have to pay. But recovering compensation can be complicated.
Truck drivers often deny doing anything wrong, putting you in a position of having to prove negligence. Don’t expect help from insurance companies. They just want to pay you as little as possible. So they may question the seriousness of your injuries, or argue they were pre-existing. Or they’ll make you a lowball settlement offer.
Byron Browne knows all of the B.S. tactics they use. And he does not put up with them.
No bull. No nonsense. Just results.
We start by investigating your truck accident to get the facts. Our firm takes legal action to gain access to important evidence controlled by the trucking company. This includes hours of service (HOS) logs, maintenance and employment records, and data from the truck’s event data recorder (the truck’s “black box”). We carefully review accident reports and interview witnesses.
Byron Browne builds a strong case that insurance companies have to take seriously. He’s not interested in making quick settlements that help them save money. He’s not afraid to take a tough stance in negotiations until they agree to a settlement that meets your needs.
Our team of legal professionals can guide you through the process every step of the way. You’ll get regular updates on the progress of your case. And you can call Byron Browne directly if you ever have questions or concerns. Our clients get his cell phone number.