Hurt in a Bicycle Accident in Arizona?
Attorney Byron Browne is ready to fight for injured cyclists
Bicycling is a popular activity in Gilbert and throughout Arizona. Bicyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as drivers of motor vehicles. But many drivers don’t like to share the road with bicycles. They drive aggressively and irresponsibly, causing car accidents that leave cyclists seriously hurt.
Attorney Byron Browne of Browne Law Group fights for injured bicyclists and holds negligent drivers accountable. Victims can be left in physical pain and medical bills can lead to financial stress. But dealing with insurance companies can be frustrating and seem hopeless. Byron Browne can help you fight back.
How do bicycle accidents happen?
Negligent drivers usually cause bicycle crashes. A bicycle accident can happen as a result of:
- Distracted driving – Drivers who text, talk on the phone, adjust dashboard controls, or engage in other distracting activities while driving may fail to notice a bicycle on the road.
- Failure to yield – Aggressive drivers may neglect to yield the right of way to bicyclists at intersections or crosswalks, or when merging.
- Speeding – Driving too fast reduces a driver's reaction time, making it more difficult to avoid a collision with a bicyclist.
- Running red lights and stop signs – Drivers who ignore traffic signals or signs greatly increase the risk of bicycle accidents.
- Unsafe passing – Drivers who pass bicycles without leaving a safe distance or without checking blind spots can force cyclists off the road or into dangerous situations.
- Dooring – Opening car doors without checking for oncoming cyclists can lead to these types of accidents. The bicyclist is often unable to stop in time.
- Aggressive driving – Aggressive behaviors such as tailgating, honking the horn, or making abrupt lane changes can intimidate bicyclists and create a dangerous situation.
- Driving under the influence (DUI) – Operating a car under the influence of alcohol or drugs significantly impairs a driver's judgment, coordination, and reaction time.
- Ignoring bike lanes – Drivers who drive into designated bike lanes or fail to respect cycling paths can easily cause a collision.
- Inattentiveness – Some drivers don’t even look for bicycles on the road, leading to accidents when turning or changing lanes.
The result of driver negligence is often a crash that can leave bicyclists seriously injured. A car strikes the cyclist directly, or just taps the wheel of the bicycle, causing the bicyclist to lose control.
The consequences of a bicycle crash can be severe
Bicyclists have very little protection in a crash. As a result, the injuries they suffer can be very severe. Common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Shoulder dislocations
- Concussion or traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
Getting full compensation for your injuries is an uphill battle
If you were hurt in a bicycle accident, you may need surgery, medication, physical therapy, and home health care. There may be months of follow-up appointments with doctors. Medical expenses add up fast, but you’re not sure how you’re going to pay them. If a negligent driver caused the crash, you shouldn’t have to pay.
But that’s where it gets complicated. Negligent drivers often deny doing anything wrong. They may even argue that you were at fault. That puts you in the position of having to prove that their negligence caused your accident.
Dealing with insurance companies can be difficult and frustrating. They may question the seriousness of your injuries or argue that your injuries were pre-existing. Sometimes they’ll just offer you a settlement soon after the accident. That sounds good, but their offer will fall far short of covering all your damages.
That’s why you need the Anti-Lawyer Lawyer on your side.
Talk to an experienced bicycle accident attorney today
Our legal team investigates your accident to get the facts. We review accident reports, medical records, and other documentation. We gather evidence, such as any video from nearby traffic cameras. We interview witnesses. Byron Browne builds a strong case to hold the negligent driver accountable.
We take a no B.S. approach with insurance companies. Byron takes a tough stance until they agree to a settlement that meets your needs. Our team will guide you through the process every step of the way. You can expect regular updates on the progress of your case. If you have questions or concerns, you can just call Byron. Our clients get his cell phone number.
If you were hurt in a bicycle accident in Gilbert or anywhere in Maricopa County, get legal advice as soon as you can. Contact us to schedule a free consultation with Browne Law Group. Byron Browne can review the details of your accident, discuss your legal options for recovering compensation, and answer any questions you have.