Back and Spine Injuries after a Car Accident
The Anti-Lawyer Lawyer will fight for the best results possible
Back injuries are common in car accidents. These injuries can have a big impact on your life, as they are painful and limit mobility. Medical expenses for treating back injuries can add up quickly. If a negligent driver caused the accident that left you hurt, you deserve financial compensation. But it’s a complicated process.
That’s why you need an experienced Arizona car accident lawyer on your side. Attorney Byron Browne of Browne Law Group fights for the injured in Gilbert and throughout Maricopa County. When insurance companies fight your claim, he will help you fight back. He knows the tactics they use and does not put up with their B.S.
Back injuries seen in car accidents
Any type of car crash can result in back injuries for victims. These injuries can include:
- Fractured vertebra – There are 33 small bones, or vertebrae, in the spinal column. One or more of these bones can be fractured in a collision. These are often compression fractures – small breaks or cracks that result in pain and limited movement.
- Herniated disc – Between each pair of vertebrae, there is a small disc that acts as a cushion. Each disc has a fibrous outer layer and a soft, gel-like center. During a crash, the soft center can become “herniated” – it bulges outward. This injury is sometimes called a ruptured disc or slipped disc.
- Facet joint injuries – Facet joints are connections between vertebrae that nerve roots pass through. They also allow the spine to bend and twist during everyday activities.
- Spondylolisthesis – This is a vertebra that has been displaced by a fracture. This injury can lead to compression of the spinal canal or nerves.
- Spinal cord injury – The spinal cord connects the brain to all other parts of the body. It uses a network of nerves to control motor functions, sensory functions, and bodily functions. A partially severed spinal cord (also called an incomplete spinal cord injury) can result in partial paralysis. A completely severed spinal cord (also called a complete spinal cord injury) can result in total paralysis below the location of the injury. Paraplegia is paralysis of the legs and lower body. Quadriplegia is total paralysis from the neck down.
Symptoms of a back injury can include pain (especially when moving), tingling or numbness, discomfort when walking, stiffness, or muscle spasms. Always get medical attention as soon as possible if you’ve been a crash.
Treatment for back pain depends on the type and severity of the injury. Your treatment may include physical therapy, anti-inflammatory medications, corticosteroid injections, and rest. Or you may need surgery and home care. Always follow your doctor’s treatment plan.
Car accident attorney Byron Browne can help you fight for financial compensation
Medical expenses for treating a back injury can add up fast. You may also be unable to work, and there is less income coming in. This can quickly lead to financial stress. If you suffered a back injury, you may wonder how you will be able to pay your bills.
If a negligent driver caused the crash that left you hurt, you shouldn’t have to pay. But recovering compensation can be an uphill battle. The negligent driver in your accident may have been speeding, texting behind the wheel, or driving aggressively. But they may deny doing anything wrong. That leaves you in a position of having to prove negligence.
Insurance companies aren’t interested in paying you fair compensation. Their goal is to pay you as little as possible. They’ll argue your injuries aren’t that bad. They may seek an independent medical examination. They may seek access to your medical history to look for evidence of previous back problems. Or they’ll just make you a lowball settlement offer and hope you go away.
Byron Browne thinks you deserve better. He is dedicated to helping clients recover maximum compensation. Our legal team investigates your accident to get the facts about what happened. We know where to look for evidence that proves the other driver was negligent.
Contact us today for a free consultation
Attorney Byron Browne is not afraid to take a tough stance in settlement negotiations with the insurance company. You deserve compensation for all current and future medical expenses, lost wages if you couldn’t work, pain and suffering, and other damages you suffered as result of negligence.
If you suffered a back injury in a car accident in Gilbert or anywhere in Maricopa County, learn more about how we can help. Byron Browne can give you an honest assessment of your claim. He can review the details of your case, discuss your legal options, and answer any questions you have. There’s no obligation. We just want you to have the information you need.