Do You Have Shoulder Pain after a Car Accident?
The Anti-Lawyer Lawyer is ready to fight for you
Many people involved in car accidents suffer shoulder injuries. This type of injury can impact your ability to work and take part in your usual daily activities. If a negligent driver caused the crash that left you with shoulder pain, you may be able to recover financial compensation. But insurance companies have the advantage, and the claims process can be complicated.
That’s why you need an experienced Arizona car accident lawyer on your side. Attorney Byron Browne of Browne Law Group fights for the injured in Gilbert and throughout Maricopa County. He is very familiar with the tactics used by insurance companies and does not put up with their B.S. He’ll fight for the best outcome in your case.
Types of shoulder injuries
A car crash can happen in seconds, but you can be seriously hurt during that brief time. The shoulder or arm could be rapidly thrown backward then forward, or strike the dashboard or other part of the car. Common shoulder injuries include:
- Shoulder strain – During the crash, the shoulder may be extended beyond its normal range of motion. This can result in a torn muscle or tendon, resulting in pain, instability, and weakness.
- Deep tissue bruising – This type of injury refers to severe damage to the muscles and connective tissues in the shoulder. There can be internal bleeding and serious pain.
- Shoulder fractures – Depending on how the impact of the crash hits the body, any of the bones that make up the shoulder can be broken. These include the scapula (shoulder blade), clavicle (collarbone), and humerus (upper arm bone).
- Separated shoulder – This is caused by tearing in the ligaments between the collarbone and the tip of the shoulder blade (acromion). In severe cases, the shoulder blade may partially separate from the collarbone.
- Rotator cuff injury – The rotator cuff is a group of tendons and muscles that support the shoulder joint. Injuries to these tendons and muscles can result in pain, weakness, and limited mobility.
- Dislocated shoulder – In this type of injury, the upper arm bone can pop out of its socket. The shoulder can be dislocated forward, backward, or downward. This can result in pain, instability, and muscle spasms.
- Brachial plexus injury – The brachial plexus is a group of nerves that carry signals from the brain. An injury to this area can result in numbness and a burning or stinging pain. There may also be a partial or total loss of use of the shoulder, arm, wrist, or hand.
Getting compensation for a shoulder injury can be difficult
The other driver in your accident may have been speeding, or was texting behind the wheel, or driving aggressively just before the crash. So they take the blame, and their insurance company agrees to pay all of your damages. Right? Unfortunately, that’s not the way it works. Negligent drivers often don’t admit to doing anything wrong.
Insurance companies aren’t interested in giving you fair compensation. Their goal is to pay you as little as possible. This helps them save money and keep their profits up. Adjusters may argue that your shoulder injury isn’t that bad. Or they’ll look for evidence that you hurt your shoulder before the crash.
Many times, they’ll just offer you a settlement. Sounds great, but their offer will fall far short of covering all of your damages.
Car accident attorney Byron Browne will fight the insurance companies
So, what can you do? You can call attorney Byron Browne. He knows all of the tactics they use to try to get away with paying you less. We believe you deserve full compensation. This includes compensation for all current and future medical expenses related to your shoulder injury, lost wages if you couldn’t work, and other damages such as pain and suffering.
Our legal team investigates your accident. We gather evidence, such as video from traffic cameras. We interview witnesses and carefully review accident reports, medical records, and other documentation. Byron Brown builds a strong case for compensation and takes a tough stance in settlement negotiations.
At Browne Law Group, we are committed to helping you recover maximum compensation. Our team of legal professionals will guide you through the legal process every step of the way. You’ll get regular updates on the progress of your case. If you have questions or concerns, feel free to call Byron Browne directly. Our clients get his cell phone number.
Contact us today to find out where you stand
If you were hurt in a car accident, learn more about how an Arizona car accident attorney can help. Byron Browne will review the details of your crash and give you an honest assessment of your case. Contact us to schedule a free consultation.