Were You Hit by a Car as a Pedestrian?
In Gilbert and throughout Arizona, attorney Byron Browne has your back
People go out walking every single day in Gilbert and across the state. Most people don’t think about getting into a car accident when they are taking a walk. But every year, pedestrians are seriously injured and killed after being struck in a collision. If you’ve been hurt in a pedestrian accident, you need experienced legal representation.
Pedestrian accident attorney Byron Browne of Browne Law Group fights for the injured in Gilbert and throughout Arizona. Insurance companies aren’t known for treating accident victims fairly. We don’t think you should have to settle for less. Byron Browne helps you fight back to get the financial compensation you deserve.
Negligent drivers can cause devastating harm to pedestrians
Pedestrians can be hurt in many ways in Gilbert. A speeding driver can lose control of a car and hit someone walking along Higley Road. A texting driver can hit a pedestrian who is crossing the intersection of Gilbert Road and Page Avenue. An aggressive driver can strike a pedestrian on S Greenfield Road.
Pedestrians have no protection in a crash and can suffer severe and sometimes life-changing injuries. These include spinal cord and other back injuries, traumatic brain injury (TBI) and concussions, broken bones, and damage to internal organs. Recovery can take months or even longer. Some victims are left with permanent disabilities.
What should you do after being hit by a car? There are steps you can take to help protect yourself and your right to seek compensation. If you are able to do so:
- Call the police. Or ask someone else to call. Police can secure the scene, and make sure you get medical help. They can also investigate what happened and complete an accident report.
- Get medical attention. You may not think your injuries are that bad. But some injuries have delayed symptoms and it’s important to get treated. A doctor will also document your injuries.
- Gather information. If you can, get the driver’s name, contact information, and license and insurance information. Write down the make and model of the car. Ask for the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Take photos. If you have your phone, get some photos of the accident scene and any visible injuries you have.
- Call a lawyer. It’s important to get legal advice ASAP to know your rights.
When insurance companies fight your claim, attorney Byron Browne fights back
Holding the negligent driver accountable for causing your accident can be more difficult than you might think. Negligent drivers often deny they were speeding, texting, or driving aggressively. They may even try to blame you, and claim you were not paying attention. This puts you in the position of having to prove negligence.
Insurance companies are supposed to help the injured. But they are more concerned with saving money. So they will try to keep any payment as low as possible. There are different tactics they use. They may question the seriousness of your injuries or argue that they were pre-existing. Or they’ll make a lowball settlement offer, hoping you won’t ask for more.
Insurance companies have trained adjusters and skilled attorneys looking out for their best interests. Who will fight for what’s best for you?
Byron Browne won’t put up with the B.S. tactics insurance companies use. He helps you fight back.
How a car accident attorney can help
You need the Anti-Lawyer Lawyer on your side. Byron Browne is not interested in making quick settlements with insurance companies that help them save money. We’re focused on getting the best results for you. Our firm:
- Investigates your accident – We gather evidence, review documentation such as accident reports, and interview witnesses.
- Builds a strong case – Byron knows how to build cases that prove negligence.
- Determines your total damages – This includes current and future medical expenses, lost wages if you couldn’t work, and pain and suffering.
- Takes a tough stance in negotiations – Byron Browne is focused on maximum compensation and is not afraid to stand up to insurance companies.
Our team of legal professionals can guide you through the legal process every step of the way. You’ll get regular updates on the progress of your case. Along the way, you may have questions or concerns. Just call Byron Browne. All of our clients get his cell phone number.
If you were hit by a car in Gilbert or anywhere in Maricopa County, learn more about how we can help. Contact us to schedule a free consultation at our Gilbert office. Or we can meet you at your home or hospital room.